I will continue where I left off at Satu Sekolah post....
There I implored my readers to take a look at the speeches of Lim Kit Siang....I'm not sure if anyone of you bothered to visit the site I've linked....
So allow me to pick a few that would be of interest....in light of the current discussion on May 13..
This is what he said......
On Rahman Talib Education Report and the Position of Single Medium School based on the National Language
Speech by DAP Organising Secretary and Parliamentary Candidate for Bandar Melaka, Mr. Lim Kit Siang, at the third DAP General Elections Public Rally in Malacca at Long Chan Bros. (Pengkalan Rama Pantai) Malacca on Sunday, 13th April 1969 at 9p.m.
In fact, tonight I ACCUSE MR. KOH KIM LENG AS ONE OF THE ARCHITECTS OF THE ALLIANCE POLICY TO SUPPRESS AND DESTROY CHINESE LANGUAGE AND EDUCATION IN MALAYSIA.
In 1960, Mr. Koh Kim Leng co-authored with Abdul Rahman Talib to produce notorious and obnoxious Abdul Rahman Talib Education Report, which is today’s the Alliance blueprint to destroy Chinese Language and education in Malaysia.
Mr. Koh Kim Leng’s Abdul Rahman Talib Education Review Report called for the forced closure of all Chinese secondary and primary schools, and their conversion into Malay schools. As a result of Mr. Koh Kim Leng’s Abdul Rahman Talib Education Report, the Minister of Education has now been invested with the power to implement this process of closure of all Chinese schools and their conversion into Malay schools within 24 hours notice!
I am convinced that after the general elections of May 10, if candidates like Mr. Koh Kim Leng are elected, then all the Chinese primary schools will be closed and converted into Malay schools overnight.
A vote for Mr. Koh Kim Leng is a vote for the Abdul Rahman Talib Education Report which Mr. Koh drafted, and a vote for the Alliance policy to destroy Chinese language and education in Malaysia. More here
DAP's "Malaysian Malaysia" Education Policy
Speech by DAP Organising Secretary and Parliamentary Candidate for Bandar Melaka, Mr. Lim Kit Siang, at a DAP Public Rally at Ayer Salak, Bukit Rambai, on 30th April 1969:
The DAP advocates a ‘Malaysian Malaysia’ education policy, which will permit the different language-media schools to grow and develop, so that every Malaysian child can choose in what language he wants to be taught and educated – while all learning Malay as a compulsory second language.more here
On Chinese Malaysians losing their citizenships
Press Statement by DAP Organising Secretary and Parliamentary Candidate for Bandar Melaka, Mr. Lim Kit Siang, on 21st April 1969: go here
Mr. Koh Kim Leng is at liberty to institute whatever legal proceedings, but I will not withdraw a single word that I have said
Mr. Koh Kim Leng and Alliance politician are very fond of issuing threats because they do not have reason, argument and facts to match the DAP’s reasons and arguments.
Mr. Koh Kim Leng has again resorted to threats against me. In a statement yesterday, Mr.Koh Kim Leng accused me of distorting his speech at the Alliance rally at Hereen Street, where he said that the Chinese will lose their citizenship if they vote for the opposition.
Mr. Koh now explains that what he meant was that if he and the Alliance candidates lose, and the PMIP wins, then the Chinese will lose their citizenship.
This is Mr. Koh’s present explanation of his speech made at Hereen Street on April 14. I reject his explanation. I am satisfied that Mr. Koh Kim Leng has blatantly threatened the Chinese in Malaysia that if they don’t vote for the Alliance and himself, they stand to lose their citizenship. I have said that this is downright blackmail, and a most shameful act, and I stand by every word I have said.
Mr. Koh Kim Leng has threatened that unless I withdraw what I have said on this issue, he will institute legal proceedings.
Mr. Koh Kim Leng is at liberty to institute whatever legal proceeding he want, but I will not withdraw a single word, because when we in the DAP speak, we weigh every word and sentence, and we don’t behave like Alliance leaders and politicians, who say the most foolish things which they live to regret later.
I had said that I believe that Mr. Koh Kim Leng is fully capable of advocating the removal citizenship of Chinese if he loses his election, because in 1960, he was one of the authors of the Abdul Rahman Talib Report, which is the Alliance master plan to destroy Chinese schools, language and culture. My views are unchanged.
There are many more but suffice to say that they are all of the same tone.....
Refer below his detention order under the ISA 2 months after the May 13 event.....
STATEMENT UNDER SECTION 11(2)(b) ISA, 1960.
NAME OF DETAINEE: LIM KIT SIANG.
GROUNDS ON WHICH THE ORDER OF DETENTION IS MADE:
Since July, 1968, you, Lim Kit Siang, have been acting in a manner prejudicial to the maintenance of public order in Malaysia in that in the several speeches you have made since the date you have deliberately and intentionally roused intense communal feelings thereby promoting feelings of hostility between different races in Malaysia and causing suspicion and disunity to grow between them.
ALLEGATIONS OF FACTS:
1) On the 27th July 1968, at a DAP public rally at Tanjong Malim, Perak, you deliberately distorted the Government policy on Education by telling your audience that the policy was designed to achieve and eventual extermination of Chinese newspapers, Chinese schools and Chinese languages. Such distortion was made by you with the deliberate intention of creating and furthering suspicion and animosity between the Chinese and the Malay in this country.
2) On the 24th August 1968, at a public rally at Slim River, Perak, you deliberately distorted the Government’s policy on language by telling your audience that a tourist poster with the Malay wordings “speak the National language only” clearly illustrated the one language policy of the government and that the dubbing of English, Chinese and Tamil T.V. films with Malay was unfair to the other races as their languages were not being given equal status such distortion was made by you with the deliberate intention of creating and furthering suspicion and animosity between the Chinese and the Malays in this country.
3) On the 7th September 1968, at the DAP public rally at 24 milestone, Sg. Besi road, Kuala Lumpur, and on 21st. September 1968, at Sungei Way new Village Selangor, on both these occasions you deliberately roused intense communal feelings by telling your audience that the MCA had instead of striving for the rights of the Chinese Language and Education in fact assisted the government in suppressing the Chinese Language as evidenced by the Non-recognition of Nanyang University project. The speeches are evidence of a deliberate misinterpretation of actual facts and had resulted in generating suspicion and animosity between the Malays and the Chinese in Malaysia and thereby creating a feeling of tension and racial hatred.
4) On the 29th September 1968, at the DAP public rally at Batu Pahat, Johore, on 2nd November 1968, at Lawan Kuda Bahru, Gopeng, Perak, and on 26th January 1969, at Jalan Yow, Pudu, Kuala Lumpur, on these three occasions you deliberately roused intense communal feelings by telling your audience that the alliance’s policy was a “racialist policy” as the Alliance had given more privileges to Bumiputras in University education and that there were first and second class citizens – the Bumiputras being first class citizens, and that the awards of honour such as P.P.M, are not worth anything because they were given to men in the streets and that P.P.M. stands for “ PELAN PELAN MATI”. By these utterances you had deliberately distorted the actual Government policies and by doing so you had generated racial tension, hatred and disharmony in the country.
5) On 12th, Feb 1969, at a DAP public rally held at Jalan Lengkongan Brunei, Kuala Lumpur, you deliberately roused intense communal feelings by telling your audience that the Government was showing discrimination between the various races in examination entry to University of Malaya, employment and in the distribution of land and that special privileges were being given to the Malays. By these utterances you deliberately distorted the Government policies and thereby causing suspicion and animosity between the various races.
6) On 13th May 1969, at a public rally held at Kampong Ayer, Kota Kinabalu, you deliberately roused intense communal feelings by telling your audience that the Government was trying to have a Malay Malaysia by dividing the people into bumiputras and non-bumiputras, that “the Malays were first class Bumiputras” and that the Government was carrying out a policy of “Malaysiation” of Sabah whereby all top post were held by the Malays. You also stirred anti-Malay and anti-Islamic religious feelings by telling your audience that the Government was pursuing the policy of exploitation by Malays of other races and that the Government by holding an International Islamic Conference in Kuala Lumpur had intended to send Malaysian citizens to die in the Middle East in order to capture Jerusalem for the Muslim World. By this speech you had made dangerous statements of a communal nature there by fostering communal resentment fear and apprehension amongst sections of the public in Sabah.
b/p SETIA USAHA,
KEMENTERAIN HAL EHWAL DALAM NEGERI,
DATE: 11 JULY 1969