Not too long ago the Gerakan guys gave serious thought (in public) about leaving the Barisan Nasional. In their latest convention that ended yesterday they are insisting that they don’t want to leave the BN. Why?
Here is the news :
Koh: Gerakan is not hopeless
- KUALA LUMPUR: Gerakan will rise and prove wrong critics who ridicule the party as “hopeless and useless”.
- Gerakan contested and lost 12 state seats in Penang and only managed to retain two parliamentary seats, compared to the 10 it had held before the 2008 elections.
- Dr Koh promised to change his laidback “tai chi” leadership style to a more aggressive “praying mantis kungfu”.
- call by Penang Umno liaison chief Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamid that Umno should field more of its candidates in Penang in the next general election.
Instead of praying mantis, I think Koh Tsu Koon should try the "bow legged cockroach" style of tai chi. I mean how stupid can you get? We have a serious job at hand of nation building, managing the country, keeping the peace, winning the elections and working hard for the people. Instead this ‘pass the buck clown (that's what ‘tai chi really means) is talking about praying mantis kungfu.
Can we please get more serious people in our leadership? After the devastating 2008 results Tsu Koon wanted to resign. Lim Keng Yaik told him not to resign. Now two years later by 2010, the situation sudah terbalik. Now Lim Keng Yaik is openly telling Koh Tsu Koon to resign. Tsu Koon does not want to resign. Tsu Koon wants to do the “bow legged cockroach” tai chi and what not. In simple language ‘sudah gila kuasa’.
I fully agree with UMNO Pulau Pinang. No need to give Gerakan too many seats in Penang. Many of the seats are still Malay majority anyway. Give it to the UMNO boys.
Folks, listen up. Please grow up too. Whether you like it or not, this country is a democracy. One man one vote. Don’t any of you try to change the system ok. To their credit the UMNO boys delivered many more seats on a percentage basis than Gerakan and MCA combined. By one count the UMNO boys won over 60% of the seats they contested in 2008. So let the UMNO boys stand in more seats in Penang. It is time we left Francis Light in the history books and let the folks who can get the majority vote form the Government in Penang. Bukan tak boleh. One man one vote lah. This applies to everyone – the BN, Pakatan etc.
Here is more bow legged cockroach tai chi from Gerakan. Its all in todays newspapers.
Clamp down on those who tarnish Barisan image
- Gerakan has proposed that Barisan Nasional set up a disciplinary council to deal with members of component parties who incite racial hatred.
- Vice-president Datuk Mah Siew Keong . . .said action must be taken against those who fail to integrate the spirit of 1Malaysia and caused internal friction among component party members.
- Meanwhile, Johor representative Cheong Chin Liang claimed that his failure to retain the Bukit Batu state seat in the 2008 general election was because the Election Commission had carved out an area which he had a strong support from the constituents. “To me, the commission’s action could only have happened upon instruction from an influential Barisan component party,” he said.
First the VP clown Mah Siew Keong says action must be taken against those who cause internal friction among component party members. Then the Johor rep Cheong Chin Liang says he lost his state seat in 2008 because his constituency was carved up “upon instruction from an influential Barisan component party ! !
Err..kawan before when Gerakan won many seats, that time no 'carving up' ke? There has always been carving up. Carving or no carving the Opposition can still win, the BN can still lose.
If this is not clearly and blatantly causing 'internal friction among component party members' then I know what is ??
Quite clearly the Gerakan general assembly was a gathering of Gerakan losers who came to point fingers at other Barisan Nasional component parties for their loss in the 2008 elections. What a bunch of useless nitwits.
May I strongly suggest to the Gerakan that they pull out of Barisan Nasional? Please go and join the Pakatan or something. If they wont accept you, then try the Penang Bridge option.
I hope whoever is the sleepy head who is in charge of BN’s secretariat or liason among BN component parties will tell the Gerakan to put a lid on it. Don’t be going around blaming other BN component parties for your failures.
In Penang, Koh Tsu Koon was sleeping on the job, almost as if he was doing it on purpose to sabotage the BN’s chances. It was not a 'laid back' style but it was his cockiness that caused the BN to lose Penang too. Of course the corrupt Slumberjack and his SIL also bear the blame.
Its time for the Gerakan to leave the BN. Its time for them to just disappear into history. Or they can join the Opposition. That's where they came from anyway.