Saturday, March 5, 2011
Naib Ketua Pemuda PBB lapur polis mengenai radio stesen haram
Kuching: A group of PBB youth from all over the State led by Vice Youth Chief, Pandi bin Suhaili lodged a police report at the Simpang Tiga police station against Radio Free Sarawak this afternoon.
Pandi said the report was against those operating the station which contained anti-state government statements. He said the Deputy Minister of Information, Communication and Culture, Datuk Joseph Salang said police would take action if a report has been lodged.
Legal advisor, Firdaus Morshidi said the comments given in Radio Free Sarawak were seditious and defamation and legal action can be taken against them.
He said the operators had committed a serious offence of operating without a legal licence. The signal traced it to Malacca and not London as alleged by the operators, he said.
Pandi said three individuals had been named in the operation which included, Peter John Jaban, Lester Melanyi and British citizen, Clair Rewcastle Brown.
He said the PBB youth wanted the police to take action against the team and called for a stop to such irresponsible propaganda.